Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Autumn and Ivy's Time Travelin' Victorian Picnic

Last week we got to use some extra creativity. Pre-newlyweds Autumn and Ivy had a vision in mind of what they wanted to do for their engagement shoot. Naturally, the Blend Studio was happy to assist!

Ivy wasn't really asleep here btw. The ground was just surpassingly comfortable that day.
(Says the guys who wasn't laying on it)
The Costume Shoppe in downtown Asheville was able to provide some truly excellent vintage clothing for our shoot. You can't get top hats just anywhere you know.

An HDR, I know, I know... but I like this one

One of the features of this shoot that I was really excited about was the historical anachronism that allowed me to rationally simulate the Daguerreotype process. It is a method of exposure and printing that has always been interesting to me. Fortunately, the look can be achieved using the modern marvel Photoshop rather then risking mercury poisoning with dangerous chemicals.


"The King and Queen of Hearts"

Another hansom pho-daguerreotype exposure. Heres to not dealing with volatile chemicals! Cheery-Yo good chaps!


Top hats, I'm getting one.

~ later

4 comments: